Uh...laska?!
We just got orders today (at4pm!) to move our little brood to Alaska in November. We're supposed to be there for check-in on the 30th... 8 days after baby is due. How we are going to do that is BEYOND me. no clue... but God knows, and he's preparing the way...
There is just SOO much to think about. I'm in TOTAL shock... omg... Alaska... Anchorage... Ft. Richardson... WOW.
Mostly my biggest thought is, HOW am I going to get by without my friends and family. I've said goodbye once, and moved to Oklahoma.... I made friends, kept in touch WELL with those back home, and my mom moved out here to be with me. I can't imagine not getting to see them (especially my mom) every day... or even every week.
Abbi is just head over heels for her, and asks for her all the time... "mammy! mammy! mammy!!!!!" and when she walks in the door its like Abbi just saw heaven. The look on her face is priceless and the thought of her not getting that feeling all the time just kills me. They have such a strong bond... Not to mention my mom and I have been really bonding too... I can't imagine not being able to just head on over whenever. I miss her already *tear*
And now... I've made friends here... it took me nearly 3 years. How am I supposed to start over, in a place that is not even half the size as Lawton, and make friends.... I already feel disconnected from the world just thinking about it.
And to raise this new baby, without ever even meeting his/her grandma/aunts/uncles/friends/yadda yadda.... all my support is gone too... ugh. I'm officially being pouty.
I know its going to be an adventure... there are a lot of things i'm really excited about. Its just hard to imagine life there right now so my only context is what its going to be like without life HERE.... and that makes me sad... very very sad.
signing off....
Kristin

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home