Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Doctor! Doctor!

(like the song!)

I had my first dr. appointment today for the pregnancy. I was a nervous WRECK. My tummy is still upset from the anxiety of it all, and its almost 2 hours after I left LOL. Last time I was in that office they told me I had lost a baby. The thoughts running through my mind as I sat there in the waiting room were less than pleasant, and by the time they finally called me back to the "OB Counseling Room" as they call it, I couldn't have smiled to save my life. I had to warn the nurse that my blood pressure would be high (it wasn't horrible, but about 10pts over on both the high/low than it usually is - 131/76). My heartbeat was exactly 100bpm too... i was definately a nervous wreck. Not good. The nurse that was talking to me was very nice and patient with my soft-spoken, nervous self, and went over my miles of medical history before we talked about my labs, etc. I fear she may think me a hypochondriac for all the items I listed in my medical history, but as my mom says, there is only one time when they sit down with you to go over EVERYTHING and that's just what they want... every little thing. As a result, I'm already labeled high risk, and wont be able to see the nurses anymore. I will only be assigned to the Doctors on staff. I was supposed to have an appointment with the nurse practitioner later this afternoon but because I am so "complicated" she wont be able to see me at all. When we finally did get to go over the labs all the nurse said was, "things look good - just drink more water". The obsessive compulsive person that I am, I was itching to ask her EXACTLY what good meant, and to explain all the labs to me, but I figured I could probably get an even more detailed answer when I meet the dr. tomorrow and play 20 questions. SO, till then I'll wait it out and bite my nails and try to replay the words "everything looks good" over and over in my head. Guess that's about it for this morning - ha!
Kristin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home