Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Update for the day

i have an awesome journal i've been writing in that has a unique format to it. i thought it would be interesting to mimic that here! here goes:

The Weather Today Is: YUCKY!! It was hot all day and then we had nasty storms all night tonight, leading to us being under tornado warning, and hiding in the tub!

In the News Today: Gas Prices. Its unreal. This past month is the highest gas has been since i can remember EVER. we're talking up over $3/gallon. YUCK.

News and Events with Family and Friends: Mom is starting a database business that i'm excited for her about, Josh is doing good in school this semester *yay* and Kevin is working hard at work.

I am Excited About: the baby coming... lots to think of there! so much going to happen in the future! I'm also wanting to get my photography business off the ground and i'm hoping to start really building the foundation professionally w/ business cards, website, brochures, flyers, etc, to hand out after the baby is born and i'm ready to work again.

I am Concerned About: Kevin right now. He hasn't called. He went down to visit with some friends in dallas and I never heard from him that he got there ok. I'm just praying he forgot or something... :( On a less IMMEDIATE serious note... i'm concerned about our bonus with the army. They are still WAY late on delviering it (was supposed to be here the 18th)... no one has any answers for us :(

Physically and Mentally I Feel: Physically I am *sore*. My butt, hips, back, legs, everything hurts. I feel achy and old... i swear I could be 80. Mentally I'm doing ok. Worried about Kevin, stressed about the weather. Trying to defrag so I can sleep finally (its almost 5am!)

What I Learned Today: I actually learned a lot about prophecy/scripture regarding the end times from the book I just finished today from the Left Behind series - very cool :)

People/Things that Brightened my Day: My mom and Josh really helped out a lot by watching Abbi so I could go grocery shopping by myself and not have to chase her. Then Josh helped bring in the groceries. I'm very fortunate to have them in my life to begin with and its great that they are so willing to help! Kami also helped keep me sane tonight through the big storm and all my nerves about being home alone. Big hugs and thanks to all of them!

What I Did to Brighten Someone Elses Day: I'm not sure... I got Dr. Pepper for Kami & Emily... to have special while they were here.

Goals/Ideas for a Better Tomorrow: Kevin and I are going to start keeping a journal - each of us gets one, and we write letters/notes to each other in our journals each night. we read them the next morning (usually kevin gets up and leaves the house before i do so we read them separately this way). Ideally it is going to help us to connect more and be able to talk about everything that's on our hearts that may get forgotten about or overlooked during the day. It was Kevin's idea :)

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

I love the co-journal idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home