SOOO PROUD!
Abbi had a major breakthrough last night! She slept in her big girl bed for the first time, alone! NOT ONLY THAT, but she went to bed on time, and didn't fuss one bit! The word of the day: Success! I am so proud of her!!!
About a week ago, she and I went head to head, and looking back I can see now that it was a period of transition for her. She was exploring her rights as a "big girl". My mom, the wise woman she is, suggested I just sleep with her in her room, to help her sleep (this was one of the bigger problems), and give her the chance to be a big girl, and still feel comfortable about it. Every night I would try letting her sleep on her own, and if she couldn't do it, I would sleep with her. Every night I was in there... until last night. Looking back, I can see that much of the frustration was her way of trying to teach me how to help her be a big girl and make those changes that she was finally ready for. My baby girl is growing up and I couldn't be more proud :)
Its amazing to see her grow and develop. Its been such a long road with so many obstacles, and this is such a HUGE breakthrough for her, that it just makes me glow inside... she *is* growing. She *is* developing.... and the best part about it is, that she is excited and ready for it.
:) I am very very proud of her :)
Kristin

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home