The "other" me...
Has there ever been someone in life that exhibited everything that you would be if you weren't who you were? Not that who you ARE is bad, or that who they are is better.... but if things had taken a different path you could almost picture yourself in their shoes...
There is a person that for me, is the "other" me... the mirror image in the opposite side of life. Unmarried, unattached, free, and spunky... also a Christian, and into a lot of the same things I am, with a great sense of humor. Maybe in a way, she's the me i *want* to be.
Dont get me wrong... I would never in a million years, trade my life with Kevin & Abbi... maybe I just long for her positive and REAL outlook on life, and the experiences she builds for herself. I think what I see in her, is the me I skipped over before I came to this life that I have now. That's the person and the life (in hindsight) I wish I could have squeezed into before I started down this journey, to make me into a stronger, happier, more REAL person before I jumped into "grown up" life, struggling with meeting bills, and staying happily married, and taking care of a child (now two). Maybe if I had followed the "normal" path instead of jumping into life with both feet when I *wanted* to, I would feel more prepared and less totally scared and unraveled by life so often now.
The really funny thing? She wants what I have. She wants a marriage, children, her own home... direction in her life, to know where she is and where she is going, to be able to say "this is me and I know who I am."
I guess we always want what we dont have, without having to give up the great parts of what we do have. And as they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home