Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Unexpected Joys

Last night Abbi and I both crashed asleep about 5:00, and didn't wake up until almost 10pm, flushed and hot to the touch! Obviously we were both in for a long night. She has sleeping problems as it is (as do I), and with the feevers, I was anticipating a long night of rushing back and forth trying to keep things quiet so kevin could sleep, as I tried to entertain and comfort Abbi. But it wasn't like that at all.

After about an hour we were both feeling a lot better. Abbi just sat in here with me, on my desk, as I "did my thing" and we played games, tickled, made funny sounds, and she thought the computer screen was hilarious! We spent time together, really connected, and had several really special moments just mother and daughter.

She didn't wind up going to sleep until somewhere around 3am, and neither did I... but I would not trade our night together for anything in the world. Its one of those things that will go down in my hall of fame for moms, as a super-special night that belonged to just the two of us.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww...how sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home