Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Ah Memories

I can think of nothing I would rather do on a rainy day, than sit around looking through my memories. I have shelf upon shelf of scrapbooks, and even more photo boxes and layouts looking for a home.

Many people scrapbook for the craft of it; being able to use their hands and create. Others do it simply to protect their photographs and documents, so that they will last as life around them ages. For me, its about the memories... the legacies of love that will be passed down from generation to generation as my children and children's children run their fingers over my weathered writing, reading about life from years ago.

Memories are timeless. There is no limit to how long they can be enjoyed. They can be reminisced upon as soon as they are created, and for years, decades, and even centuries to come.

I hope one day when I am an old, gray haired, wrinkle faced woman, that I can look back over my memories with joy, knowing I truly lived, and that my love will live on for my children and grandchildren in my books... I can envision sitting on my porch in a white rocking chair reliving the adventures, the laughter, the tears... as I take stock of my life, and find nothing lacking.

Our lives are comprised of what we make of them. For me, its not about money, or even accomplishing goals. For me, its about living love, and finding joy in each day, eating up each bit of it until it consumes me.

I hope as an old woman, I can look back on this young woman with joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home