Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Finding Fun Again

Life gets too heavy sometimes. I want to find fresh ways of looking at the world, and I think the one thing I'm really missing out on is FUN. Being carefree. Taking the opportunity to shed my roles as mom, wife, bill-payer, student, daughter, responsible person, etc... and just be me... a girl... who wants to explore and enjoy life.

I want to set aside a few minutes each day to just be a kid again.... put aside my grown up shoes and run barefoot in the grass... color wildly like my daughter does, and be proud of the scribbly creation that comes out... smell things you wouldn't think to smell... give attention to the small things that i take for granted every day (bugs, grass, our remote control)... make messes... and just think like a kid again... let myself be free again.

I want to schedule a "fun date" with myself once a week, to do something particularly pampery for me. When I gave myself a makeover, and spent some time doing something that I enjoy to make myself feel like a worth while person, it lifted my spirits more than I could have imagined. I promise myself to do that more. I'm worth it.

Finally, I want to officially plan my major fun goals... trips to see friends in far away places, trips to Italy and France, and trips with my family to theme parks across the US. Set a date, start a savings jar, and really work my way towards those goals, not believing for a moment that its not possible.

I want to find fun again. I want to find me.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

FIND THE FUN! And let me know how you did it;)!

Hope you like the new look!

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things to do in Ltown was to go to Waynes and get a cherry vanilla diet Dr Pepper!

Btw, we were in Fairbanks for three years.....from 98-2001. We are moving to KS tomorrow!! One of my best friends is moving to Anchorage this summer. If you need a contact person there let me know. She has a 5 year old and a three year old.

tommiea from Two peas....
tlw708@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home