Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Lazy Day

A stark contrast from my never-ending yesterday...

I slept in until about 11:30 and then just enjoyed some time with Kevin, watching TV and vegging in my PJ's. He went to run some errands, and I just stayed home and painted. I am learning now that I am older, that I dont have to rush through things. There isn't a time limit on art. Creating, forging something new, takes time, and it is the intricate relationship of paint and the artist's hand that makes art worth while, both for the artist, and the art itself.

Art is a lot like life... and perhaps that is why it is such therapy for me. It requires patience, devotion, and love. While I sit and paint, or scrap, or sew, or any other number of artforms, I sit and just think on the state of things in my life. It is often during that time that I gain a lot of clarity. Today has been a day where art and life have merged for me, and I'm looking at my world through the eyes of a painter. What details can I work on? What needs my devotion? What can I devote more love and time to?

The answers will help shape me into a better person, and hopefully will mold my relationships as well, into new and complete pieces.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lazy days are good! I post comments on your blog yet you never comment on mine! I'm hurt! whaaa!;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home