Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Who is my Husband?

5 years ago today, I was scurrying around town trying to prepare all the final details for my wedding the next day. My mind was rushing with thoughts of our life together from that moment forward. What would it be like to be called "wife"? What would it be like to know that *this man* is my "husband"? How would life change?

I remember thinking how much I couldn't wait to begin our life together. I still feel that anticipation every day that I wake up... the joy of knowing that the future is filled with promise and that we have our whole lives ahead of us to spend enjoying the world and all its experiences together. Even with down days, there isn't one person in the world I would rather weather them with than Kevin.

He is strong when I dont think I can be, and he provides for our family every day. He works his body to the bone to make sure that Abbi, the baby, and I are taken care of. The self-sacrifice he shows through that really touches me, when he comes home exhausted, sweaty, and hungry... he always tells me he wouldn't do it for anyone but me.

He is a wonderful father to Abbi, and will spend hours just snuggling on her bedroom floor playing with puzzles, or reading books, just because. Its wonderful to see him bond with her and give her something I never had... a father that loves her and that wants to be with her as much as he can.

He is always complimentary, and never critical of my appearance. He tells me that he is proud of me, and that I am a good mother. He supports my ambitions and helps me achieve them whatever way he can.

He loves God. He encourages me to get back to God when I faulter, and I him. We are stronger together, with God, and God has made Kevin into an honorable and loving man.

No one is without faults... without mistakes. BUt what makes Kevin, and our marriage special, is that he isn't afraid to apologize, and humble himself to ask my forgiveness. He is strong in himself, and is one of the few people I know who truly do learn from their mistakes and make themselves better each and every day.

I am truly blessed to have him in my life... my husband, my friend, my love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home