Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Friday, August 12, 2005

Just a little amazement...

How cool is it that in this modern day and age I can have a craving for bacon and ice cream (no not together :P ), then just hop in the car, go to the grocery store about a mile away, pick up what I need, pay in any possible way I could imagine (cash, check, credit, debit, etc etc etc), hop back in my car, come home, and enjoy, all in about 30 minutes.

I know what some of you are probably thinking... "um... big deal - i do it every day".... yeah, but what would that have taken 100 years ago? 200 years ago? Most people would have to walk or ride a bike to the grocery store, and either walk or ride a bike back. 200 years ago, I dont think there even WAS commercialized ice cream... it was made from home with an ice cream maker, ice, salt, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Add to that, that you had to either eat it right then and there, or store it in a cooler with ice... not a freezer or refrigerator! Realize, that is just 3 generations back!

Holy moly, how life has changed, and how amazing technology and modern day life is. What will life be like for my grandkids? Will there be a delivery service, that can automatically bring things to your doorstep at voice command? Will cash even be around any more or will we be a totally digitized society?

Its a little bit amazing to think about how life changes, and evolves as the generations go on. I'm thankful for all the amazing little gadgets that keep my life a little simpler and easier than those who have come before me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home