Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Lots to Say Grace Over

I am so blessed... Its so refreshing to sit down and just focus on the good things in life...

My daugher is such a bright ray of sunshine in my day... She is what makes each day special and through her I see so much purpose and magic. I love watching her try new things, seeing how excited she gets when she sees or does something she likes, and just knowing the ins and outs of all her little quirks. She has been so amazingly good the past week (like zero melt downs, always smiling, its uncanny!), and I am just beaming with pride with how far she has come even since then. Her strength amazes me with all she has been through, and still suffers with. I'm blessed to have my daughter.

My husband is such a source of comfort and "home" to me. He is definately the stronghold in our family, and is truly a wonderful father and husband. He works himself to the bone every day to provide for us, he is putting his life on the line for what he believes in, and everything that he does, he does whole heartedly without reserve. When he comes home to us after working outside in the heat of the day (yesterday was 114*!!!), often up to 14 hours, he is gentle, kind, and everything I could ever want in a husband and father for my children. I'm blessed to have my husband.

I have a beautiful home, with more than enough room for our little family, an air conditioner that works, a heater that works in the winter, plenty of food, clean water to drink, and a soft place to lay our heads at night. We have not one, but two, working cars, in nice condition that are able to take us wherever we need to go in safety and comfort. I'm blessed with my provisions.

My extended famliy and friends are such a big part of my life. My mother is to say the least, my best friend. We can work through any difficulties that we have, and learn from them with one another. She adores my daughter, and loves my husband as though they were in the family from day one. She has been a true source of support in my life, and I admire a great many things about her. My brother is a strong spirit, and watching him grow in wisdom and grace daily has been such a joy. I love spending time with him. He is an amazing uncle to Abbi, a great brother-in-law to Kevin, and truly "there" for me when I need him, even at a moments notice. My friends are supportive, kind, gentle, and real. I couldnt ask for more. I'm blessed with my family and friends.

I only hope that I can give back to these people in my life, the way I have seen them give. My prayer today is that they would each know how much I truly love them, and that they too can count their blessings and find true contentment.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your brother HI for me, with much waving and jumping up and down. :)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

Thanks be to God!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home