Snuggles
I love snuggling up to my little one... she is so warm and cuddly and just eats up being close. I dont know how much longer I will get to snuggle with her in my bed, without her telling me "mom I'm too old for this stuff" or telling me that she doesn't need me to comfort her bad dreams, or rub her back to sleep.
Sometimes I really get frustrated that she needs me so much, but I think in the end its God's way of forcing me to take the time to spend with her and appreciate her... to soak up everything about her if i were off being busy doing something else.... like the smell of her hair right after a bath, when she's snuggled under the covers... or the way she grabs my hand and moves it up and down her arm ever so lightly until she gets goosebumps.
Those are the things I am going to miss when she gets "too old for mommy"... So for now... for this moment, I am going to treasure her... to smell her, and feel her warmth, and give her arm goosebumps as much as I can... to enjoy this closeness while she is small, so that when she is older, we will always have those memories, even if she is... "too old for mommy"
I'll never be too old for her :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home