Days Go By...

...taking life one day at a time...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Baby Love

I'm getting sooo excited that we're going to have another baby :)

Matt, one of our friends who went to basic with Kevin, and who we've known for several years now, and his wife Jamie, had a baby 2 mos ago tomorrow. He brought her by today for us to meet her, and she was just a DOLL. Oh goodness she is just beautiful! I got to hold her and feed her, and rock her to sleep... it was WONDERFUL. Its funny though, the things I "forgot" about... I had to remind myself to burp her, and how to sit comfortably while feeding... its going to be a whole re-exploring project after I have this baby!

Abbi came over and looked at her and was just so happy to see a baby. She was very quiet and gentle and just smiled so big!! When I was feeding the baby she kept saying "baba" and almost reached out to help once, but she was too shy. I am sure she'll really warm up after we have our very own baby around for a while and she gets used to it. She also didnt freak out when the baby cried which was wonderful! I was sure that was going to be a problem with how she's done in the past. It was just so amazing to get to hold that beautiful baby and to see how Abbi reacted to her.

Kevin got to hold her too, and I dont know who was more enthralled with who - kevin or the baby!! She just cood and laughed and smiled at him and he was making all kinds of gooey-cooing noises that people can only get away with in the presence of babies, and they both just had a ball with each other. I cant wait to see him holding our new little one. He's such an awesome father to Abbi, and I know he will be with this baby too.

SO SO much to look forward to :)

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home